Published by Fircone, 86 pages. Softback - c.17cm by 24cm (N7514)
From the rear side cover: All Saints Church, Middleton Cheney, is home to an important and beautiful group of stained glass windows by Morris Co., added between 1865 and 1893 as part of the church's restoration by George Gilbert Scott. Together, the windows offer a uniquely illuminating gallery of the work and development of Morris Co. at this time; and individually include two of the finest stained glass windows of this or any period to survive in England: The East Window, by William Morris, Edward Burne-Jones, Philip Webb, Ford Madox Brown and Simeon Solomon; and the West Window, by Burne-Jones alone.
This book - the first dedicated account of the stained glass of All Saints Church - was made possible through the generous support of the Heritage Lottery Fund. As well as a comprehensive account of the windows and the artists responsible, it includes an architectural history of the church, a short history of stained glass and Morris & Co., and a theological commentary on the windows of All Saints. The book is richly illustrated with new photographs commissioned as part of this project.
Condition of the book is generally excellent. The covers are clean and bright, the spine is tight and intact and all pages are clean, intact, unblemished and tightly bound. There is a price printed and a small price sticker, both on the rear side cover.