Published by the Eltham Society in 2007, 44 pages. A5 size booklet (N4592)
This booklet provides a fascinating short history of Trams in the South London suburb of Eltham, and is illustrated throughout with lots of small black and white photographs. Sections include:
- Early Tramway Plans
- Problems resolved for the New Tramway
- Tram services commence
- Before and during the First World War
- The Lee Green Extension and the 1920's
- The Westhorne Avenue Extension
- The Second World War
- The Last of the Trams
- What it was like to travel by Tram...
- Accidents and Incidents
- The Tram Shed in Well Hall Road
- Eltham and Woolwich Tramways
- and more!
Condition of the booklet is generally very good. The cover has one or two very minor scuffs but is clean and bright, the staple spine is intact, and all pages are clean, intact, unblemished and tightly bound.