And They Work Us to Death- Volume 3, by Ben Fieldhouse, subtitled 'Casualties of the Mines, who they were, and how and where they died'
Booklet published by the Gwent Family History Society, 32 pages. A5 size booklet (N5113)
This booklet draws on a variety of sources to compile a record of Mining accidents in South Wales, as well as the details of the miners who died in those disasters. Volume 3 deals with around 15 incidents and events that occured between 1837 and 1965, including:
- Penyan Colliery 1855
- Mr Baileys Mine Nantyglo 1837
- Henwain Pit 1882
- Birchgrove Colliery Glias 1889
- Albion Colliery Cylfynydd 1906
- Llanbradach Colliery 1932
- Oakdale Colliery Monmouthshire 1941
- No.1 Drift Mine Rhigos 1941
- Tower Colliery Hirwaun 1962
- and many more!
The condition of the book is generally good. The covers have some minor scuffs, and some light nibbling and wear along the edges and corners, but the staple spine is tight and intact, and all pages are clean, intact, unblemished and tightly bound.