A History of the 10th Battalion The Sherwood Foresters 1914-1918, by C Housley
Book published by Miliquest, 164 pages. Paperback (S5717WSOCHX1)
From the rear side cover: The 10th (Service) Battalion The Sherwood Foresters was formed at Derby on the 13th September 1914. On the 15th July 1915, the Battalion landed in France, where it was destined to take a most active part in the war. That it took such an active part in the Great War of 1914-18, is without doubt, for its record would be hard to better even by any regular Battalion of the British Army.
The history of the 10th Battalion in the Great War of 1914-18, is a story which should have been told many years ago, but for one reason or another was never done. Here then, are the movements, actions and sacrifices made by the Officers and men of the 10th (Service) Battalion The Sherwood Foresters. Chapters in the book include:
- Making ready for War 1914
- To France 1915
- Our Second Year at War 1916
- Arras and Ypres 1917
- The Beginning of the End 1918
- Peace At Last No 1918 - March 1919
- Several appendices, including List of Commanding Officers, List of Officers who went with Bn to France in July 1915, Summary of Gallantry Awards, Decorations awarded to Officers and men, Full List of Officers who served with the Bn, and a Roll of Honour
Condition of the book is generally good. The cover has one or two very minor scuffs and blemishes, and some light scratches on the rear side, but the spine is intact and all pages are clean, intact, unblemished and tightly bound.